Happy Fathers Day to my one and only — Bradley Devine! Or as Lucy would call him: “Daddy Babay”. 😛
Today I want celebrate Brad by sharing a few of my favorite things about the role he plays as a dad:
1) You know how typically the Mom gets out of bed in the night with the kids? Well in our house the roles are swapped. Brad is the one to get up with the kids 100% of the time, and its basically the reason why I’m not a sleepless monster most days!
2) The friendship and soft spot that he has with both of his girls. There is nothing sweeter than watching him on the floor tickling them, and rocking them to sleep with primary songs.
3) How he has mastered doing Lucy’s hair with those TINY hair elastics! I’m always shocked when I see pictures of Lucy when I’m out of town, and she has a full blown braid in her hair. Like what!? My dad sent me to school with my bangs flipped out instead of curled under when my Mom went out of town… (I still love you Dad 😛 )
4) The role he plays as our protector — You’re Brads best friend until you have wronged one of his girls. 😉
5) How he doesn’t let “Being a girl” hold Lucy and Greta back from trying difficult things like skateboarding and soccer. While I’m usually the one on the sidelines entertaining the idea of giving up… He’s always encouraging them to be brave, and to get back up again if they fall!
The list could go on and on… But we’ll save that for next Fathers Day. 😉
I LOVE YOU BRAD! HAPPY FATHERS DAY!